Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ho Hum... Another week gone.

Time: Friend of Foe?

I think it's so unfair how time works. Sometimes time flies by without even a word of good bye, and other times it creeps and crawls away. Why is it that when we need time, it's not there? Then when we look back on the years we wonder where our time has gone. I remember when I was younger when I thought there would never be a day when I was "grown up". Now I want to warp back to the days I was little. Time is just like an obnoxious child. It is always doing exactly the opposite of what I want and need.

On the other hand, time can be on my side. It helps me remember that times like these won't last forever and to appreciate every second of my day. It reminds me to take advantage of this precious time when my kids are around and not long for the day that they all move out! I'm glad for my time, whether it's crawling or flying. I'm glad to be able to be alive during this time and hope to be able to enjoy it for much, much longer! Go hug your family!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lildonbro said...

Aye, Aye capt'n I'll go hug my family :)

I agree though, time can be a beast. I was thinking about it the other day, wondering if I would ever want a day to move slowly. Cause I'm at work and want the day to fly by but when the year ends I wonder how it went by so quickly.

September 9, 2008 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger mityhike said...

Wow - that was DEEP! Deep, but oh, so true. Just wait till you're old like me - times flies so fast some days that I'm not sure which end is up! :P

September 12, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home